Speech & Language Disorders Community
toddler anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

toddler anxiety

is it wrong to encourage a child to do something when at first they dont want to and once they have done it seem to like it
Can you be more specific?  When you say encourage do you mean you encouraged but your child had a choice, or do you mean you sounded encouraging, but no matter what, there was no choice?  
No, I don't think it is wrong.  Kids often need a little encouragement to try new things and to stick with things that are hard.  Issue is that many kids avoid new things or hard things and figuring out why it is hard for them is really helpful.  My son has motor planning issues and would avoid new activities---  by encouraging him and offering help, he would then try and overcome that challenge.  good luck