Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
ANTERIOR C3-C7

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

ANTERIOR C3-C7

I recently had anterior cervical discestomy C3-C7  w/fusion.
My question is their some sort of limit of patients receiving IV Fluid after surgery? Due to extensive swelling in my throat and dehydration I was in the hospital 3 and1/2 days.I only received two bags of IV fluids while being in the hospital and asked for additional IV fluids around 9 pm second night but was refused. The flowing day the hospital doctor stated the only thing he could do for me was insert a feeding tube down my throat and keep me in the hospital through the following week.  The entire time I was there I had a very difficult time sipping water of chewing ice and trying to swallow it. It was taking all day just to try and get 2.5 oz of water down without choking.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal cord C/D forum.

I am sorry I really do not know an answer to ur question....this is a support forum, and we r not medical professionals....but, there are some expert forums u may want to try and ask this question.....http://www.medhelp.org/forums/list

How r u doing now? I pray u r feeling better....