Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Can sciatica cause vaginal burning?

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Can sciatica cause vaginal burning?

About 3 months ago I started to feel a horrible ache in my bottom cheeks and down the back of my legs, I have always suffered with back pain and lately my back has started making a horroble clicking noise when I walk and been feeling sore at the base of my spine and at the top of my bottom crack. I am due for an MRI in two weeks as my doctor thinks I may have sciatica, but recently I have started to experience a pain of burning and aching around the outside of my vagina, I have heard that it could be nerve damage due to sciatica, has anybody else heard of this?

Hi...from what I read online Sciatica occurs when there is pressure or damage to the sciatic nerve. This nerve starts in the lower spine and runs down the back of each leg. This nerve controls the muscles of the back of the knee and lower leg and provides sensation to the back of the thigh, part of the lower leg, and the sole of the foot.

Common causes of sciatica include:

Slipped disk

Piriformis syndrome (a pain disorder involving the narrow muscle in the buttocks)

Pelvic injury or fracture

Tumors

Since u have issues in the groin area it is possibly referred pain or, until u know the cause may be directly related....not too far off from the area where u may be affected with this....

Do let us know what u find out.

(source-http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001706/)
If you ever get an answer to your question, I'd appreciate your letting me know!  I've had similar problems for years and have totaly failed to find a doctor who can help or to even get a dianosis.
Pain Tracker
Pain
motye51 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Aug 24
cjtmn commented on cjtmn's status
Aug 24
cjtmn First post-Plegridy MRI and... Comment
Aug 23