Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Cervical Angina??

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Cervical Angina??

In 2004, I had a 2-level discectomy at C4/5 and C5/6.  In 2010, I started having chest pain of unknown cause.  I have been to many doctors, including Mayo Clinic to no avail.  I am extremely healthy, except for the chest pain.  I have been living on strong painkillers. I have had multiple ESI's, nerve stimulation and all of it with little or no effect.  Now the docs believe that the pain is due to a compressed nerve root at C7.  This may also be related to a condition called Cervical Angina.  I am considering having a discectomy at C6/7 to try to address the pain.  It's a major surgery and no guarantee it will fix anything.  There don't seem to be an diagnostic tests for this condition.  Have you seen this conditions?  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Strong pain meds can affect out GI track, causing GERD....this in turn can also put pressure on our vagus nerve and cause the very issue u mention...has GERD and the vagus nerve involvement been ruled out?

I am not saying u do not have the Cervical Angina, just suggesting to rule out something that could possibly be an issue and less aggressive to treat then the surgery for the CA with no idea if it is going to fix it....