Cervical Bone Damage
I damaged a cervical bone on my spine through ADL's and have been living with the injury for a while now. The negative side-effects of the injury are slowly becoming more prominent despite my every effort to remain healthy. On my recent trip to the doctor I was told that I just had arthritis after an x-ray. The pain I complained about is a sharp constant pain in my neck that is not consistent with the diagnosis. My bones are very healthy other than the cervical bone damage. What can I do to receive a proper diagnosis and receive a surgery?

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

May I ask, is it possible that ur injury is to the soft tissue of the cervical spine too?

U should ask about a MRI to make sure , as a X-ray will only show abnormalities of the bone...but a MRI will show issues with the soft tissue that surrounds the bone.

May I ask what type of injury u have?...do u have copies of ur x-ray?..if not request copies so u can show these to ur Dr for comparrison. U deff want to get another opinion.

Also keep in mind surgery is not always an answer...so do not go with a Dr just bcuz he may  offer surgery...our bodies can sometimes have odd reactions to the meds and the surgery itself....so research the Drs and treatments b4 u decide this is really what u need.

Good luck and do keep us posted

"selma"