Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Cervical Bone Damage

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Cervical Bone Damage

I damaged a cervical bone on my spine through ADL's and have been living with the injury for a while now. The negative side-effects of the injury are slowly becoming more prominent despite my every effort to remain healthy. On my recent trip to the doctor I was told that I just had arthritis after an x-ray. The pain I complained about is a sharp constant pain in my neck that is not consistent with the diagnosis. My bones are very healthy other than the cervical bone damage. What can I do to receive a proper diagnosis and receive a surgery?

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

May I ask, is it possible that ur injury is to the soft tissue of the cervical spine too?

U should ask about a MRI to make sure , as a X-ray will only show abnormalities of the bone...but a MRI will show issues with the soft tissue that surrounds the bone.

May I ask what type of injury u have?...do u have copies of ur x-ray?..if not request copies so u can show these to ur Dr for comparrison. U deff want to get another opinion.

Also keep in mind surgery is not always an answer...so do not go with a Dr just bcuz he may  offer surgery...our bodies can sometimes have odd reactions to the meds and the surgery itself....so research the Drs and treatments b4 u decide this is really what u need.

Good luck and do keep us posted

"selma"