Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Chiropractor told me my Lower Spine has no movement whatsoever

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

I just began seeing a Chiropractor and they told me my Lower spine doesn't give at all when they tried to do an adjustment. I've been having severe pain in my hips, all the way down my legs to my ankles.I'm only 20 years-old, and when they did a test of balance, I was told I was about 60 pounds more weight on my left leg compared to my right.

Please what does it mean, when they told me that? And what might (just a few opinions/ideas) be causing my severe pain.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi...I am not a dr...nor in the medical profession, but if I remember correctly u also belong to the Chiari forum? If I am right that is most likely playing a role in all this...

We tend to have a gait issue, balance issue and related to chiari are a few conditions that cause joint pains and issues....so, I would look into Ehlers-Danlos, tethered-cord,....

JMHO

"selma"
Thank you so much for your response. I greatly appreciate it! :)

Yes, I have been diagnosed with a Chiari Malformation. I've had numerous tests done, but the doctors have ruled out pretty much everything Chiari Related including FibroMyaliga.

I've had MRIs of my head, neck, spine, nerve conduction tests of my legs, seziure tests, etc. and they all came back negative according to the doctors. :(

Not sure where u  u r from, but I would suggest requesting copies of all tests, CDs and reports so u can have them reviewed and compared.

Not all Drs feel that chiari is symptomatic and will say nothing showed...I had a MRI yrs ago and was told nothing was found...and after requesting my reports found tethered cord was reported by I was never told.And it is an issue for me...but they didn't think it could be so never said a word.

Get the copies and review them.

"selma"
Pain Tracker
Pain
motye51 commented on mary567's status
May 04
TLC1104 commented on 5 Months In...and sti...
May 02
cjtmn commented on 5 Months In...and sti...
May 02