Injury from a fall
was reading through my mri's and decoading what it says; C3C4, retrolisthesis 1 to 2 mm discs moving rearward,

C6, C7 anterolisthesis 2 mm discs moving foreword caused by an injury, I also have ddd, all sections of my spine, to the coarse that my ortho wants to do a fusion and dislectomy,,
has anyone ever had this and what coarse of action did you take, why, and what would you do different, thanks

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I have not had ne surgery on my disks....I do have a few that r bulging... whether it is a forward moving or backward moving disk I am not sure, all I know is the issues it creates.

My disks shift more easily bcuz I have ehlers-danlos it is a connective tissue disorder that affects the joints....

Do u know if u have nething like this ?

We all will have DDD it is the natural breakdown of the spine as we age, however some have more breakdown then others...and it can result from other underlying issues....

Have u tried PT?
pt ?

my neck is the worst, the doc wants to do fusion, but not sure I want to go there yet, I was living with the ddd until I fell then all hell broke lose,

PT = Physical therapy

Have u looked into a Chiropractor? Not sure this would be better or worse for u, but there r good and bad ones in all fields,...research and find one that will review all ur MRI's and xrays b4 touching u....

yes done pt, I have went to chiropractors most my life, they can,t fix ddd, a few years ago one of them told me there wasn't much they could do with my neck, and when I fell, that did my neck in, the surgeon I have seen wants to do surgery first thing, he wants to bypass shots, because he said it wouldn't do much good, his opinion

I know a chiro can not fix it, but they can realign it so it may take some pain away, as with nething there r some that r better then others....

U need to go with ur gut, if u feel this Dr si doing what is right for u and u r comfortable with it, then that is what u should do, if not, find another Dr and get another opinion....
never sure about surgery, but read a lot of pros cons, luck is hardly ever on my side, still contemplating, the mri I doesn't look good, and I know I have had ddd for a long time, my last chiro said it wouldnt be long till I was in trouble with my neck, I just didn't have any issue until I fell, then all hell broke lose, feeling very discouraged with the pain, and how Iam going to function, I have always had issues with my lower back, never upper spine, I am 55 and cont do my job anymore, I have permanent restrictions with my shoulder

Surgery is never an easy decision......and is not always the road to less pain, it is hard to know if u have the best Dr and r making the right choice...all u can do is  educate urself on ur condition and the Drs that treat it meet a few, then go with ur gut....