Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Muscle & Joint pain in the morning ???????

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

For the last month or so I have been waking up and my knees and arm muscles and joints have been hurting. It something that just came on over night. I woke up one morning and felt like I was hit with a baseball bat around my elbows and knees. I went to my GP and he checked me out and said, it might be nerve pain. I do suffer from anxiety, but have never had any pain like this before, he gave me Lyrica, but that only seemed to make the pain worse. I was wondring since I do have bad disk in my neck and lower back, could this be causing the pain ? My right leg has been numb for about 15 years now and a doctor said it was sciatica. Could the disks in my back be causing this pain when I sleep ? I also noticed that I have a loud ringing in my ears. I had my hearing checked and they said, it was beautiful. I haven't change any meds. so I can rule that out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so tired of this muscle pain, aching, throbbing whatever you want to call it. The strange thing about it is that sometimes it just goes away and then comes back in a day or two.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

It can be the position u sleep in...it can be stress, it can be many things all rolled together .

U said no new meds, but certain meds even if u take them on and off for yrs, then start to use more regularly may cause the ringing in ur ears, many NSAIDS OTC can cause this....so since u have more pain lately u may be taking the meds more....??

Have u had a recent MRI to check the disks in ur back to see just how they may be shifting?
I do take Motrin 600mg., but only when I really need it. All my other meds. I have taken the same perscribed dose for many years. Haven't had an MRI on my back in about 10 years. They told me other then surgery there was only stronger pain killers they could give me rather than the Motrin and I said, no ! And my doctor was against the surgery.

In 10 yrs time there could be some changes that took place and ur Dr may feel diff about surgery as a result....u should have a MRI and compare it to the older one just to make sure.

It could be from the Motrin....the ears ringing and buzzing...I have it all the time too....it really is bothersome....and I know mine is from my health issues and meds.