Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Neck Pain, Arthritis, Bone Spurs and Other Symptoms

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my c-spine (c4,c5) 3 months ago.  I went to the doctor because of neck pain, popping, stiffness, numbness in left cheek and neck, ear and eye pressure and occasional balance issue when turning my head to the left.  During this time I also noticed pressure in the back of my head, a lack of focus and getting tongue tied occasionally. Went to chiropractor which helped relieve numbness and pain. All the symptoms seemed to subside somewhat when neck pain was relieved.  

3 nights ago I woke up feeling as if someone had pressed my head into my body.  My neck and shoulders were cracking and I felt all cramped up.  

I went to an audiologist 2 days ago to have my ears checked.  All came back fine.  Had the full work-up.  I go for a full eye exam this week, too.

Went to the primary doctor yesterday and he ordered an MRI on my cspine. Go this week for that.  I asked the doctor if I could have a brain tumor.  He did a bunch of reflection, eye, and strength testing.  He said I didn't have a brain tumor and didn't need a full head MRI.

Questions:
1. Can neck issues cause all these things?
2. Should I get a full brain and neck MRI?  If so, what do I tell the doctor?

Please only answer my questions if you are a medical doctor.  I don't need people telling me unprofessional opinions. I'm worried enough as it is.

U will want to post in an expert forum to get a Drs reply, this is a support forum....and since u do not want our opinions regardless of our experience, I can only direct u to the forums button at the top left of ur screen when u click and it opens, the expert forums r listed to the right.

Good luck