Resting back pain, progressive muscle weakness- nervous and waiting
I have been having back pain for about two years accompanied by shooting pain/tingling down the legs.  I never thought much of it, but in the last six months it has become excruciating.  I was originally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and raynaud's, but there is no tenderness, etc...so my rheumatologist referred me to a spine specialist. I had my appointment Friday; he has ordered a thoracic MRI (lumbar MRI was normal) but I can't see him for another three weeks.  He brought up the concern of a spinal tumor based on my symptoms:
-Mid and lower back pain, radiating to arms and legs... worse at night/when laying down, better with activity and not responsive to tylenol, etc
-intermittent chest pain
-numbness and tingling in both legs
-raynaud's in hands and feet, loss of sensation in feet
-hyperactive reflexes and spasticity
-muscle weakness in legs and now arms

It doesn't seem to fit any sort of disc issue, etc... how concerned should I be?  I am noticing a progressive increase in muscle weakness in my hands/arms, which is new and makes me nervous... if it continues to increase, what should I do?  

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Have u looked into Syringomyelia, it is a cyst like cavity that fills with CSF fluid and as it grows it puts pressure on the spinal cord. These cysts are called syrinx's....and can form in an area that may have had a trauma or another issues that is disrupting CSF flow.

Do check  it out to see if u think u may fit this DX.