Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Scheduled for a MRI of Lumber spine on Tues.

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

I had a microdiskectomy about 9 years ago.  I've been having pain in the lower back (very low back almost tailbone is how it feeling) radiating out to hips, glutes, upper thighs.  The surgery I had previous was for a herniated disk at L5-S1.  Will the lumber MRI pick up pain in this lower area, closer to the tailbone?  Does anybody know?  I can still walk, but it seems to hurt the longer I'm up and if I'm sitting upright for too long at a time.  The pain does not yet feel quite as severe as it did years ago prior to my surgery as- I'm still able to get comfort by laying down in a certain postion, as long as it's not for too long in that position.  When my disk was herniated, I was in agony no matter how I sat.  The basic question I'm asking though is about how far down the MRI will show.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

A lumbar MRI should revel nething in the lower spine including the tailbone...so this MRI should revel what ever is going on ...

Good Luck and let us know what u find out  : )