Scheduled for a MRI of Lumber spine on Tues.
I had a microdiskectomy about 9 years ago.  I've been having pain in the lower back (very low back almost tailbone is how it feeling) radiating out to hips, glutes, upper thighs.  The surgery I had previous was for a herniated disk at L5-S1.  Will the lumber MRI pick up pain in this lower area, closer to the tailbone?  Does anybody know?  I can still walk, but it seems to hurt the longer I'm up and if I'm sitting upright for too long at a time.  The pain does not yet feel quite as severe as it did years ago prior to my surgery as- I'm still able to get comfort by laying down in a certain postion, as long as it's not for too long in that position.  When my disk was herniated, I was in agony no matter how I sat.  The basic question I'm asking though is about how far down the MRI will show.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

A lumbar MRI should revel nething in the lower spine including the tailbone...so this MRI should revel what ever is going on ...

Good Luck and let us know what u find out  : )