Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
Sciatica -- Leg pain

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Sciatica -- Leg pain

Hi Dr.

I have a leg pain and my pcp ordered for MRI and reffered to Neurosurgeon. I met him and Neuro surgeon mentioned me there is a disc bulge at L5 traversing nerve root and mentioned me he would like to treat the pain with epidural injections . If the injections doesn't work out , surgery is the last step.

But he didn't go with 2 nd finding on my MRI .

Can you please let me know What is meant by second finding.

MRI Findings :

1st finding:

Left paracentral disc protrusion at L4/L5 , with resultant impingement of the traversing left L5 nerver root in the subarticular zone

2nd finding:

Bone marrow signal is notable for mild T2 hyperintesnisty along the anterior/superior corner of the L4 vertebral . The appearence is non specific and most likely degenerative/traumatic , however a romanus lesion may have a same appearence and clinical correlation for possible seronegative spondyloarthropathy is recommended.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D Support forum.

I am sorry but there are no medical professionals in this forum, it is for sharing info and offering support to each other....use the forums drop down to locate an expert forum that has a Dr that answers ur questions.

In the meantime, we r willing to share what we know and be a shoulder for u as u go thru this....
Pain Tracker
Pain
cjtmn commented on cjtmn's status
cjtmn First post-Plegridy MRI and... Comment
Aug 23
Update
Aug 21 by cnote