Severe back pain
I am going to have a procedure this morning where they are going to put a wire between 2 vertebrae, then heat it up, then the wires are removed.  Have already had injections twice with only 3 days relief from the last one.  My spinal Doctor is sending to see a surgeon.  Don't want to have surgery but at this point I think I am willing to do anything for pain relief.  I was diagnosed with DDD in lower back in January when I went to the ER unable to stand up straight due to major lower abdominal pain.  I will not take narcotics because I don't want the side affects.  Does anyone know of anything that I can due to ease the pain?  
When I am in pain blood pressure goes up to 160 over 110, so as you can see it is high. Had a MRI in February which shows arthritis in middle and lower back.  I haven't been able to work in over 2 years due to severe abdominal pain that the spinal doctor is telling me is more than likely coming from my back. Wish I would have known this sooner, but now I know.  Any suggestions as to what to do?  Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I am so sorry u r in so much pain,  and unless u try the pain meds u have no idea how they will or will not affect u....the side effects r possible reactions not definite reactions.....so give them a try and allow ur body some relief.

Good luck with the procedure <3
The meds I have don't help.  It is hard to function with this pain.  I can't take narcotics due to it causing my digestive system to shut down.  The procedure didn't work at all.  Now I still have a bruise where 1 wire was put in and constant pain in my right shoulder blade.  Go to the surgeon on Thursday, don't want surgery but I need pain relief.
Since I last wrote I have found out that the DDD is also in my thoracic (middle back).  And they told me it is getting worse.  So not sure what they are going to tell me.  Can't sit for any extended time so hard to get anything done.

I am sorry u r having this issue with pain and the meds not helping u.

Have u been tested for Ehlers-Danlos? Many with this have issues with meds, and with DDD...

Good Luck on Thursday <3