cervical spondylosis
I have had previous anterior cervical fusion at c5-c6 with anterior plate and screws in good position.  There is prominent ventral impression on the thecal sac centrally and to the left of c6-c7 related to a combination of spur and disc.  Predominant pathology is osseous.  There is a spinal stenosis with canal measuring 9.8 mm at c6-c7.  The canal also shows narrowing at c4-c5 secondary to spurring.  The canal measures 9.8 mm at this level.  There is a narrowing of the canal to the left at c3-c4 secondary to large spur with canal measuring 9.5 mm.  Minimal cord flattening on the left at c4-c5.  No foraminal stenosis.

Can someone please shed some light on this?  Seems to me I am gonna need to have surgery to remove some bone spurs soon.  Does this sound like I am right?

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I have not had ne of these issues, but the flattening of the cord gives me the same impression.....

I wish I could offer more insight....u may want to try one of the expert forums so u get some advice from a Dr.....they can not dx or tell u it is deff surgery but may be able to offer some options.

Yes I have an appt. Wednesday with my Ortho.  But I am impatient and have had enough MRI's and a prior surgery to know this one happens to sound surgical..Just wanted to kinda confirm what I think I already know.  

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I will check with the forums though if someone will be in there prior to the appt..                        

Good Luck and do post what u do find out...I pray u do not have to face surgery yet again....

Will do..
Got in to Ortho today instead of Wednesday....Did not get good news.. I have to have surgery.  And as soon as possible.. My left hand strength is greatly diminished.  Having bladder control issues as well.  He referred me to the Neurosurgeon today.  Said I need to get this done as soon as possible to keep the diminished strength from being permanent.  Which is a definite possibility if I let it go too much longer... Not a happy camper to say the least.....

I am sorry it was not what u wanted to hear but in the long run what u needed.....

Let me know when ur surgery is scheduled for and I will post a prayer thread for u.if that is ok with u.....

Know I will keep u in my prayers and hope all goes well.

((hugs))
I would not mind that at all.  I will let you know.. Thank you...
After 6 long months of struggling and unable to walk I was diagnosed with severe cervcal stenosis, spondolosis and decompressed spinal cord from C1 toT2, I was told I had permanent nerve damage and may be paralyzed after surg, I just had my 6 week check up and back at work full time, I'm in a little pain but nothing like I was, I am so blessed and thankful  to be able to walk.
My Neurosurgeon is Dr. Lo from Beaumont Texas he is an angel sent from heaven.

Thank u so much for sharing ur experience with this surgery and how wonderful that u have those results!!

Not everyone shares the positive results and it is helpful to those facing surgery to hear those and to know there is hope and there r good Drs out there making a difference.
Had surgery January 29th.. Still in the recovery process.  But oh my, so much better.. I have full strength back in my left hand.  Am almost pain free from surgery itself.  Can finally move head up, down, and back and forth without pain.. Off all pain meds.  Which is a blessing in and of itself...  Only bad thing is, My vocal chord is slightly paralyzed.  But the Dr. said I should get that back soon enough.  So overall surgery was a success!!

So glad to get an update and to hear u r doing well.....I know the nerves them selves can take more time to heal then the incision so all in time and I am sure u will see even more improvements.

Please continue to post how u r doing ; )