Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
clariffication on report

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

clariffication on report

I'm 23 years, male.All of a sudden, last year, I started losing weight and lost about 10 kilos in a span of 6 months, asymptomatically. I was referred to various specialists, who couldn't diagnose the cause.In the meantime, I consulted an orthopedic who advised me a MRI of the spine, suspecting a TB of it. However, there was no TB as doubted. But, the result showed some sort of disc degeneration.My doctor told me that it wasn't serious. However, I'm skeptical on the report. I would like to know if the report suggests anything problematic in the present or in the future. At present, my back is not bothering me much, but I'm worried if I'll have some sort of trouble in the future.

Report:

1.Loss of cervical lordosis seen.
2. Features of cervical and lumbar spondylosis with diffuse disc bulging causing thecal sac indentation and mild bilateral neural foramina narrowing at L4-L5 and L5-S1 levels.
3.Diffuse disc bulge causing thecal sac indentation at C3-C4 level with no significant foraminal narrowing.
4. Mild left posterolateral disc bulge causing thecal sac indentation at C6-C7 level.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

This is a support community and I can not really tell u much from ur MRI report other than what I had on my own.....

The loss of cervical lordosis can be the result of the way u hold urself...soldiers often get it from standing at attention...so it is also known as soldiers neck....but, u can also get it from a MVA...have u been in one or had an injury to ur neck?

U do have some disk bulging  in areas where there is no narrowing...which is a good thing....

But it does seem to mention some arthritis in the joints of the lumbar spine...

I do not know the relation to ur weight loss, but  would suggest u get checked for a connective tissue disorder if u did not have a MVA or injury to cause ur loss of lordosis...or the bulges u have.

We all have degeneration of the spine as we age and u r young, but I was in my 20's when I got a dx  like this...and I was much later dx'd with a condition which explains y for me...this is y I suggest u get tested to rule things out.....

WIth this report in mind, what did ur Drs suggest?

"selma"
I haven't had any injury to my neck or spine. My doctor asked me not to care about the MRI and hasn't ordered any further tests nor has he given me any treatment.
However, I have had two lumbar punctures done when I was 12-13 years old .

Do u have copies of the MRI and the reports?...IF not, see if u can get them from the facility that  did the studies...this way u can go for another opinion.

Were the LPs' for the same issues?

"selma"
I do have the MRI report with me and I'm planning to meet another doctor by next week. The LP were done for the diagnosis of suspected TB meningitis. By the way, does my report suggest something serious that I must rush in to see a doctor?

Not being a Dr I really can not say, but if u needed immediate attention it would have stressed that in the findings.

Try to relax as stress will affect how u feel and tighten up these muscles around the neck and shoulders.

"selma"