do muscle spadms cause c spine herniations?
I never had a muscle spasm before, that I can remember, until an insident when something fell on my head. Tests were done right after it happened & I had concussion & tiny protrusion in neck. About a year and a half later, I was still having muscle spasms in my neck and was found thru MRI to have several herneated disks. I don't know exactly why the muscle spasms began just after my being hit on head with heavy object. And these are kind of spasms that make you feel li,ke someone is hitting you really hard. Can someone tell me what would cause the muscle spasms &!would the spasms have caused the herniations?

Hi...more likely the other way round, u may have had some herniation's as u mentioned tiny protrusions...the combo of them and the muscle spasms may have made the herniation's worse.

How long ago did this happen, and how long since u had a change in the disks?

Getting hit like that can cause a few things, whip lash for one, and u can get nasty muscle spasms, that can pull ur disks out of place...and hurts like heck too.

Plus u can develop a cyst in the area of the injury it is called a syrinx and having it is called syringomyelia....the cyst fills with CSF and can grow putting pressure on the nerves, and causing spasms....

How long since the last MRI?