Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
lesion on spinal cord

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

lesion on spinal cord

I had an MRI done yesterday and was called by my neurologist not 3hrs following to be told that I had a lesion between my T4 and T5. I am a 26 yr old caucasian female and well, very concerned. I have done some research on the tests he is recommending and was hoping someone would have a little insight for me. My symptoms have almost ceased to exist. But they were: numbness &/or tingling starting from my left side and progressing down my left leg to my foot then crossing over to my right foot and progressing upward to my right side. Both sides from the bottom of my ribcage down were numb &/or tingling for about 1 1/2 wks and then it reversed itself. When I went to the neurologist just 4 days ago I hadn't been numb/tingly for about 2 wks until he did the reflex check and all. At that time I began to get numb/tingly in my left side yet again. It hasn't progressed as of this post. But if anyone has experienced any of this or knows anything that could be of insight....feel free to. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

First some history...did u have an injury to ur back in the area of ur lesion or cyst? A cyst in the thoracic region is not a common place to find one, did ur Dr tell u that?

So, I am going to assume, this is congenital and could be a result of a CSF obstruction.

Did u have a brain MRI, cervical spine MRI, and a CINE MRI?

DO make sure u get copies of the MRI on CD and the report.....

"selma"
Pain Tracker
Pain
gogonzo joined this community
Welcome them!
cjtmn For the first time in 23 ye... Comment
Jul 16
selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 10