schmorls node disc extrusion compression fracture
I'm 25 and was recently diagnosed with a schmorls node and T-12 compression  fracture. I just had my MRI done yesterday and it came back saying "a posterior T10-T11 disc extrusion is present with superior extension of a 6 x 4 x 9 mm disc fragment" and "increased T1 signal is present in the superior T12 vertebral body without increased STIR signal" what do those two things mean?? I don't go back to the dr for 5 weeks. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal C/D forum.

I can give u deff for some of ur terms, but a Dr will always review the films and  not always go by the radiology report...so, it may offer some insight if it was written in everyday language, but that does not mean u will know just what the Dr is going to say when u see him.

disc extrusion-also known as a ruptured or herniated disc, is a degenerative disk.

STIR (Short TI Inversion Recovery) is an inversion recovery pulse sequence with specific timing so as to suppress the signal from fat.(http://www.revisemri.com/questions/pulse_sequences/stir)

Here is a link to understand the term increased T1 signal...increased, or High or bright are all used to mean the same thing....
http://www.med.harvard.edu/aanlib/basicsMR.html

AS I said there is no way to know much more then this as ur dr will review this and decide what he feels is best for u, using ur symptoms, pain levels etc...along with these results...I wish I could have offered more info.