spinal cord injury
gud evening sir/madam . my brother was met with an accident on 4may2012. he was operated by a SPINE SURGEON .
operative notes - the the x ray and mri showed a significant burst compression fractures dislocation of D12-L1 with severe canal stenosis.

Impression:
patient was scheduled for posterior spinal surgery in the form of thoracic decompression
with D9-L3 instrumentation and bone grafting.

AT PRESENT POSITION OF PATIENT:
No sense from below waist & also no sense in urine & motion. but a patient has a regular pain in both legs. The surgeon said that the spinal cord was badly damaged not cut. so please suggest us that what can we do ..at present the patient has no recovery from last 4 months.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I am so sorry about ur brother's condition, and I wish I had the knowledge to advise you, but this is a support forum, no Drs here....I have no idea with type of injury if this is perm or a temp issue....

Not sure if he needs PT or needs to rest while he heals...U need to speak with a spine specialist...which is the Dr that did the surgery...what prognosis have the Drs given?

I am a SCI and know what you and your brother are going through.  You need to have your doctor to order PT (Physical Therapy) as quickly as possible.  The quicker the better as time does matter. He would also work with an OT (Occupational Therapist) to learn how to dress himself and to take care of other issues such as a bowel program and catheterization changes.  The most difficult problem for the next 2 years or so will be adjusting mentally to a new life.  I have been injured for over 45 years and know what he will be going through.

Good luck and your brother is lucky to have you.

Millard