Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
spinal pain after injection fo childbirth

The spinal cord is the part of the nervous system that relays messages to and from the brain. Discuss topics including spinal stenosis, spinal cord injury or damage and treatment methods.

Can some one help pls. 4months ago duein child birth i asked for the eperal . The doctor struggled for along time to het it in the rigjt spot somet to do wi tje veritcle somethin or other i dunno the medical terms but in the end hrs later it was in n iv had nothin bit bavk pain in the spot wher it was inserted ! Iys sore very sore in deed n mainly get the pain in a morning wen i wake up after layin in the same spot or if im stood or sat fo a long period of time
And jus to inform u when it was finaly i serted i wasnt compketely numb. Onli the left side was numb n al the labour pai s was in the right side pls help as i find this allarming

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum/

It is possible that u got some nerve damage as a result, or it may just be a injury that will take time to heal.....

I also had an epidural when I have my DD and I had a CSF leak as a result and it was very painful.....

Try to rest a little more, be careful lifting and find a Dr that will take a look at ur spine to see if this is just something that will take more time to resolve.
Same thing happened with my wife and it bothered her for a few years. They probably hit a nerve or something and it will take time to heal. I would see a specialist if you think you need to.