treatment of cervical spinal stenosis/myelopathy
Given the results of my MRI, I was advised by my back doctor that I had Intervert Cervical Disc  with myelopathy at my c5-7 rem gion.  My L5-S1 reflects evidence of bilateral spondylolysis. Myelomalacia at the C6-7 level, with C5-C6 mild central tenoi with available space for the spinal cord of 8.5mm. The C6-7 has moderate central tenois with space for the cord at 7.4.

He has recommended C5-7 ANTERIOR CERVICAL DICECTOMY AND FUSION.  

I am having numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. I feel like I am losing mobility with my legs, I have severe headache ,neck pain, back pain, my balance is also being affected.

Is this the only treatment for this condition? I am in so much pain that I am unable to obtain a second opinion and hope that I am not taking the only option given to me. I was also told that I could be paralyzed in a couple years and have more severe pain if the fusion is not done.

My lower back, he said could be addressed with surgery in 6 months. It that the only alternative I was give was to have the surgery or down the road be paralyzed.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

Not being in the medical profession I can only give u a chart that  shows the nerves and what will be affected if they r impinged.....

Not sure y u can not get a 2nd opinion....many Drs will review a MRI for a nominal fee or free...so obtain copies of ur MRI and the report, u should be able to call the location that did the studies and request them.It will be worth the little out of pocket $$ to get the peace of mind if these other Drs concur with what u have been told so far.

Here is the link to the chart -http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/197978?personal_page_id=197028&photo_collection_id=1369
They have to stop the spinal cord from being compressed. There are a few different operations and I am in the same predicament.
I am not in much pain but experiencing balance and coordination problems.