499?1256370477
Spirituality User Group
Nietzsche
About This Group:

An open-ended place to discuss spiritual matters. No question considered unimportant, nor any sharing of experiences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

Founded by MJIthewriter on October 24, 2009
282 members

Nietzsche

Nietzsche says ..." Convictions are greater enemies of the Truth than lies"

Does anyone agree with this statement?
Tags: quotes
1 Comment
I think I have an inkling of what he might be getting at....

If convictions take hold in such a way that one believes them to be the truth....they can "block" out the ability to see beyond to the possibility that the conviction may encase lies.    The black/white with no greys.

During a time in my Christian walk, I took hold of things unexamined because others said they were _____ or ______.  However I wasn't fully convicted, so that left room for truth to come through and me to see beyond.

However, there are things I am convicted on and when I tap into that....I don't want to look beyond it....why?  Because it simply is and that is THAT!!!

___________

Not sure if this is what you are seeking in asking the question. It is a good one and prods us to think & examine :-))))

Piparskeggr is now 16 month out from th... Comment
Jul 28
AppleBr commented on 10356's status
Jul 27
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27