Sports Nutrition & Hydration Community
How Much Do You Know About Hydration?

Before, during, and post-exercising, nutrition and hydration are essential to replenish necessary nutrients and help you achieve peak performance. The purpose of the community is to share support and information, including dietary and hydration best practices for sports.

How Much Do You Know About Hydration?

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/rm-quiz-know-about-hydration?ecd=wnl_fit_093011
My appreciation of hydration as an essential ingredient in human health and fitness has been developing over many years. I believe there is still much to learn about.

What I know has come to me in small busts, with each experience leaving its own mark in a very special way. I remember the first brush was at junior school where we learn about osmosis, using potatoes, salt granules and a jar of water. I could not really see its relevance.

The next encounter was in the capacity of a designer of teaching materials for health education in deprived, remote areas in Africa. We were fighting against diarrhoel diseases - and there comes on oral re-hydration therapy. Using a collection of basic equipment - a clean empty liter bottle, a clean bowl, a teaspoon, clean water, sugar and salt, a mixture was prepared according to a formula. Later on the UNICEF labeled Oral Re-hydration pack was introduced and simplified everything. At his stage I had learned that a person is at risk if there s too much loss of fluid from the body.

The other day I got onto a recreation and Outdoor Sports site where somebody was asking - what is the most important equipment to purchase to undertake outdoor activity?

I answered, of course - it is a hydration pack. Because in outdoor activity  the muscles are working and energy is burnt - fast, producing sweat and hot breath, which together with urination leads to quick loss of the liquid balance in the body. The resultant imbalance to the body fluids level can disturb the normal functions of organs of the body - to say the least it can be life threatening if not given the proper attention.

You can read more about hydration, the importance of maintaining your fitness during sports, and choosing a pack according to your specific needs at http://www. camelbakmule.com. You  can get help on making choices, maintenance, upgrading and buying modern hydration systems for your family whenever you plan an outdoor or hiking adventure for the family.  
daryeequaye