Stem Cell Transplant Community
Nonunion femur
About This Community:

A blood and marrow stem cell transplant is a procedure that replaces a person's faulty stem cells with healthy ones. Stem cells are found in bone marrow, a spongy tissue inside the bones. Stem cells develop into the three types of blood cells that the body needs: Red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body - White blood cells, which fight infections and Platelets (PLATE-lets), which help the blood clot. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Stem Cell Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Stem Cell Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nonunion femur

Does anyone know if stem cells could heal a nonunion femur? I have had a nonunion femur for twenty five years due to a car wreck. Just wondering about stem cells if their would be a chance that there trying it on bones that don't heal. please write back if anyone has any info on it. Thank you!!!!!
907672_tn?1381029323
I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to welcome you to the forum.  I know stem cell transplants are used a lot for cancer patients and I think for some autoimmune diseases, but I've never heard of it being used in cases such as yours.  You might check out Fred Hutchinson's cancer center in Seattle.  They have pioneered stem cell transplants and are one of the top transplant facilities in the world.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stem Cell Transplant Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...