Stem Cell Transplant Community
Nonunion femur

Get support and information about Stem Cell Transplant. Topics include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Stem Cell Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Nonunion femur

Does anyone know if stem cells could heal a nonunion femur? I have had a nonunion femur for twenty five years due to a car wreck. Just wondering about stem cells if their would be a chance that there trying it on bones that don't heal. please write back if anyone has any info on it. Thank you!!!!!
I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to welcome you to the forum.  I know stem cell transplants are used a lot for cancer patients and I think for some autoimmune diseases, but I've never heard of it being used in cases such as yours.  You might check out Fred Hutchinson's cancer center in Seattle.  They have pioneered stem cell transplants and are one of the top transplant facilities in the world.