Stem Cell Transplant Community
Stem Cell Rescue

A blood and marrow stem cell transplant is a procedure that replaces a person's faulty stem cells with healthy ones. Stem cells are found in bone marrow, a spongy tissue inside the bones. Stem cells develop into the three types of blood cells that the body needs: Red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body - White blood cells, which fight infections and Platelets (PLATE-lets), which help the blood clot. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Stem Cell Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Stem Cell Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Stem Cell Rescue

I would love to talk with surviors of Stm Cell Rescue
I am not a survior this but my cousin is.She has Multiple Myeloma(cancer of the bone
marrow)she was diagnosed around 6 years ago.
She went to Little Rock for Stem Cell Transplant. I am happy to say after this last
time she is cancer free!!!!

It truly has been a miracle
Bless you
Lisa
I am glad to hear your cousin is doing so well.  I had breast cancer(IBC with 20 positive lymph nodes) and had FAC chemo first, stem cell rescue followed by radiation and 5 years of Tamoxifine.  I have devloped many problems over the years but my doctors can not tell me why since they have not had a patient live as long as I have.  I do not know where to turn while my problems get worse as time goes by.
So sorry to hear your problems are getting worse.It sounds like you have been through
alot.It wasnt until the second transplant things got better for her.

I dont know much about about your diagnosis but enough to know you truly are a
miracle!!! I am sure God has his hands upon you.

I pray that you find some answers & solutions to all of this.

Bless you
Lisa