Stem Cell Transplant Community
Stem Cell Transplant
About This Community:

A blood and marrow stem cell transplant is a procedure that replaces a person's faulty stem cells with healthy ones. Stem cells are found in bone marrow, a spongy tissue inside the bones. Stem cells develop into the three types of blood cells that the body needs: Red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body - White blood cells, which fight infections and Platelets (PLATE-lets), which help the blood clot. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Stem Cell Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Stem Cell Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Stem Cell Transplant

Just saw a bit in the local tv news about this study with Dr. Richard Burt and stem cell transplants...one guys was interviewed...he had MS and was getting debilitated by the disease, affecting his eyesight, etc, muscles, right leg, etc...he underwent this study, and now he's in complete remission....they helped people with lupus and some other immune disease and heart disease...if anyone can find the actual study that would be great! Things are in the works!