Step Parenting Community
Almost 2 year old step daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Almost 2 year old step daughter

We get his daughter every weekend and every time she is here she is very very misbehaved. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and find myself getting very angered over the way she acts. Her mother is never home so her grandmother raises her when we don't have her and they give her everything she wants all the time just like her father. She walks around hitting us especially my belly. And I just can not find a way to connect with her anymore. She doesn't want to eat when she comes over she fights sleeping. She is always screaming and crying when she doesn't get something she wants. I'm afraid for my new baby when she is around. Any advice?
Talk to your husband and say this cannot continue, that he has to speak to his parents (if they are who is raising her) or to his ex's parents.  If he won't take any responsibility, I would consider my options to be rather limited because as a stepparent unless you want to take responsibility for raising the child full time, you are going to be served what you get and you can't do much about it.
It's his ex's parents and none of them cooperate about any of it. They just want the baby for us to pay child support. They claim her on everything. Taxes, food stamps. They say we haven't contributed anything to the child.
I'd consider pushing for full custody.  The child is still young enough to do better if raised well by someone who loves her.
Well she is 2 try to remember that she's not 10 she's still a baby/toddler, and she's going threw "terrible twos" like ^^ said I would push for full custody, she is young and the next 2 or 3 years will make or break her.
I am having the sam problem except my fiances child is almost 5 and she will not listen . He works all the time so I am stuck with her. I am currently due on september 30 and she is terrable she takes the baby stuff and hides and and crys and throws a fit if she don't get what she wants. Also she fights her sleep won't eat and thinks she can do whatever she wants anf when we tell her no she crys and then does it anyway.