Step Parenting Community
Am i wrong??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Am i wrong??

I am engaged to be married in the summer and my fiance has a 1yr old who was conceived during a 1night stand before our relationship...I have seen the babygirl several times and its like when I'm around her I don't baby talk to her like I do my friends baby and babies in my family...its like she is gorgeous...a spitting image of my fiance and its like I'm scared to touch her because she's not mine...it feels soo akward knowing she exist and she's his baby but not my baby and I want that feeling of giving him a baby and he definetely want another as of right now we are ttc but why do I feel this way towards her and am I wrong ....I know that's his pride and joy but I wanna give him another baby sooo he can love it like he do his daughter!
I feel a baby would be hard. His child is always going to be there. Having a baby of your own will not replace that child...I don't know if that is how you feel.Do you want to get married to him and take on this responsibility? Can you cope with the jealousy?
I met BF's son at 1.5 years and have known him for years...it's not easy, though we have built up a relationship.I at times also feel jealous, I didn't for quite a while, but the way I was treated at times....hmm.Please don't think I'm unkind...just my thoughts.
OMG its tough!!! Jealousy will always be there due to the fact that the child is not yours but HIS AND ANOTHER WOMAN
I'm dating a guy who has a 4yr old..I know and I hate to say it but his daughter looks JUST LIKE HER! ugh its tough at times. See when he doesnt have her (the 1st wknd of the mnth) we are so good!! Then the rest of the wknds its like I get sad...I even told him that i dont ever want to have children with him because I feel I'll take preference and it's not his childs fault!!! I dont wanna the typical "wicked step-mom" and i feel i would probably be if I had my own children.

I do try though!!! Very much because I love him and she is his life!!!