Step Parenting Community
Dealing with a sneaky manipulative 5 year old---HELP!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dealing with a sneaky manipulative 5 year old---HELP!

I have a 5 year old stepdaughter who is the sneakiest, most conniving child I have ever seen in my life! She is one way around people, and another in front of my husband. He thinks she is a precious, honest little girl. She literally looks out the window to watch him pull off. Then she starts 'trying' to be an adult. She throws tantrums and she will tell me she doesn't have to listen vto me. When he walks in the door she will lay out and say in her best 'sad voice', "Daddy, thank you for coming home I was so scared" He then looks at me like I did something to her. One time, she went home with a mark on her face from sleeping on vher barette. She told her mother I bit her, even though her mom & I don't get along, she even said its not a bite mark, but my husband, a different story. Its so stressful, I can't stand to deal with this girl. My home is so stressful when she is here. How can a 5 year old come change the energy of an otherwise happy home. My major worry is, she is 5 what's gonna happen when she becomes a pre teen or teenager. She even makes my 4 year old uncomfortable, he cries to go to my mom's house. Its bad because when I have tried to talk to my husband, he immediately gets defensive. I'm so sick of this, if she lies on me 1 more time I just might explode!!!!