Step Parenting Community
Don't know how to be a step-mom
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Don't know how to be a step-mom

I think my jealousy of my step-daughter is just about to end my marraige...and I don't want it to. I learned from her mother that she does not like my 2 boys and that she probably wishes it were just her and her dad. I don't want her to feel like that and have no idea where to start to try to fix this problem. Husband is lacking in the emotional department when it comes to me so when I try to talk to him about anything pertaining to her he gets defensive. I have recently decided that my actions around here are probably immature...but just trying to make her happy. Like sending my boys away while I am at work and when I get home I avoid the hubby and her so she can have what she wants. My intentions were good...but just wrong I guess.....Any advice?! Please help!