Step Parenting Community
EX WIFE calls all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

EX WIFE calls all the time

Just a question on how to deal with an ex who calls my hubby all the time?  She called this morning at 8am!! Than she calls my husbands cell 2 minutes after talking to him, she calls our house phone first.  It is starting to annoy me, she usually talks about stupid things like her other kids from her other marriage being sick.  I am starting to wonder if she is doing it to tick me off, or if she is just lonely in her own marriage, or is she just ignorant?

I'm very familiar with this, as we went through the same thing.   I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this as well, as it is VERY annoying.   Your husband should tell his ex-wife in an email (for records), very politely, to please stop calling unless it is in regard to his own children.  

Who knows why some ex-wives insist on keeping our husbands tied to the phone;  maybe all of your reasons, and then some.

If he ignores the phone she will stop why is he answering her?
Very annoying.  I am wondering why she finds comfort in talking to your husband if she has remarried herself?  Your husband should address this with her.  Let her know it's not in anyone's best interest if they don't respect the boundries of your marriage.    She may be strongarming you a bit..letting you know that she has a legitimate reason to maintain a level of open communication with him.  Either way, if it's bothering you, it's not healthy.  Especially calling at 8 a.m., now that is gutsy and rude.  Address it...before it becomes an issue between the two of you :)
Thanks for the response.  I have discussed it w/ my hubby, and I have also talked to the ex face to face.  She no longer calls at all hours of the day!  
OK his ex calls all the time...today it was to say that one of the kids got mail!!!  The kid lives with her...  She remarried and is now getting a divorce and goes by HIS last name again.  Wouldn't you take your maiden name back??  He got mad at me at went over to her house - to be with the boys...  am I missing something here????  
I forgot to mention the "kids" are 20, 23 and 25...