Step Parenting Community
Husband exwife continues asking for money

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

My husband thinks it is perfectly ok to give his exwife money whenever she asks. They have been divorced for almost 10 years and she is still not willing to find a fulltime job. My husband gave her the house when they divorced cause she never worked and he got the mortgage..His reason was that she would be nice to their only daughter who is going to be 15 years.  Now she is living with live-in boyfriend who pays her rent for the house that she did not earn but owns. She sometimes steals cash from her daugher given from my hsuband and she uses my stepdaughters credit cards to buy things for herself and her boyfriend. When I expressed that I'm not comfortable giving money to my husband feels that he has the right to do whatever with "his money". My husband pays EVERYTHING for his daughter and his wife never pays a penny for her daughter. We also have a daughter together and I believe that we should discuss money matters together. I work hard and pay everything half in the house and pays more for my daughter than he does. Why does he think that it is fair to give his lazy exwife money for herself so she can keep coming back and ask for more from us, at the samet time that I have to pay everything half and more? Is this normal?
maybe you should convince or talk it over if you talk it over for your kids sake and house he might change his mind. but I may also think it could back fire. and for what your husband is doing I say its kinda fishey either hes force to do that or somthing else.
It sounds like He's afraid of loosing his Daughter. Can't blame the guy for that, But, next year she will be old enough to decide who she wants to live with. (I believe the age is 16) If you could get her to live with you guys then you could cut the cord to the Ex. but if it continues then you have bigger problems than you thought.
I almost forgot! If you have it in you, Open a savings account in your name only and deposit the same amounts of "Your money" as the amounts he gives to her. When he says something, Hey, You have the right to do whatever you want with your money.
That is exactly the suggestion I was going to make.