Step Parenting Community
My 11yr old stepson is on way to many meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

I have a 11yr old stepson who is on way to many meds and I'm divorced from his father but have him whenever I want I've been watching him grow up in a very stressful lifestyle he's on 6 different meds for who knows what and is hoarding food at home getting in trouble at school when I have him he's paranoid he wont hardly eat or sleep he don't wanna leave I can go on forever with what this lil boy has been threw I have been told by the mother that she has condsidered letting me have him and I'm so ready to say yes! Please help Thank you
Sounds like maybe you should take him? Maybe he'll be better off, it of all the stress... sad what kids have to go through
I would consider taking the child if it would provide him with someone who can properly sort all these issues out with him.  
I agree.  This child sounds like he could use some stability and you can provide that.  I would of course have counseling ready to go for him.  Good luck and hope he finds a safe home with you where he can overcome these issues.  
i agree with all of the posts because home is where you can find stability and people who love you and you're providing that :) god bless you