Step Parenting Community
My Step-sons Biological Mother hates me
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My Step-sons Biological Mother hates me

I am happily married to the love of my life, whaen we met he had been divorced for approx. a year, seperated a year prior. He has 2 boys (now 6 & 5), when we first got together he had split custody (50/50) with his ex. For a year she was always calling asking if we would keep the boys, for example Mother's Day she said "This is MY day, I shouldn't have to have the boys, I should be relaxing". A little over a year ago his ex got into a relationship & within a month was pregnant. We heard many things from the boys including but not limited to belt spankings, swirly's & in lue of time out having to stand in the corner holding 5 lb weights, from both their Mom & the BF (who also has a 5 yr old son from a previous relationship). My husband went to his attorney to see if there was anything we could do about this situation, which he began by filing for custody. Within weeks the ex & the BF got into a huge domestic problem where she ended up with a black eye, fat lip & missing part of a tooth. She called and asked if we would keep the boys for her week because she did not want them to see her like that. Of course we were fine with that & contacted the attorney. In the beginning the Ex said she was leaving the BF but ended up not because "then what would I do?" she said "stay on welfare forever?" (Which she does any way, because he can't work & she refuses to because she has a now 1 yr old baby). So my husband proceded with custody. He was awarded temporary custody, we now have a GAL involved. Our problem now is this,  she blames me for this whole thing, tells the boys that I am "evil" and talks t them none stop about the court's decision's. She tells them "the judsge thinks we (meaning her & her BF) are mean to you". To top this all off the oldest of the 2 boys goes to counseling once a week & was diagnoised w/ mild autism & bi-polar. (good times I tell ya). Here's my question how do we get her to stop speaking about court info to the boys & stop her from blaming me? (I don't really car if she blames me but talking to a 5 & 6 year old about it is uncalled for.)