Step Parenting Community
help soon to be stepmom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

help soon to be stepmom

I have recently atarted having my fiance's 13 yr old an 10 yr old boys over. I also have a 2 yr old son an pregnant again.  Well the 13 yr old an my son get along good. But the 10 yr old is very rude and mean to my son. He makes ugly comments about him being a baby and dont even like him sitting by him. I dont know what to do. His dad gets on to him but i cant continue to do this. I am lost.
Do what you can, read books on stepparenting, try to drum up some empathy for the kids in this situation. The problem is, nobody asked him if he wanted to be part of a blended family.  
Well......sounds like the 10 year old is maybe upset because he is no longer the youngest; his position in the family order has changed and focus is going to be shifted from him to the 2 year old and the baby on the way.  

This can happen in blended and non-blended families.  Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with if he was "asked" if he wanted to belong to a blended family.  

Is this happening everyday?   How does your son act towards the 10 year old?  
I am a bit confused.  

In one post you state your soon to be husband has a 2 year old and in this post you state you have a 2 year old?
So sorry dear.......I got your post mixed up with another, so forget the last question.