Step Parenting Community
help soon to be stepmom
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help soon to be stepmom

I have recently atarted having my fiance's 13 yr old an 10 yr old boys over. I also have a 2 yr old son an pregnant again.  Well the 13 yr old an my son get along good. But the 10 yr old is very rude and mean to my son. He makes ugly comments about him being a baby and dont even like him sitting by him. I dont know what to do. His dad gets on to him but i cant continue to do this. I am lost.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Do what you can, read books on stepparenting, try to drum up some empathy for the kids in this situation. The problem is, nobody asked him if he wanted to be part of a blended family.  
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
Well......sounds like the 10 year old is maybe upset because he is no longer the youngest; his position in the family order has changed and focus is going to be shifted from him to the 2 year old and the baby on the way.  

This can happen in blended and non-blended families.  Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with if he was "asked" if he wanted to belong to a blended family.  

Is this happening everyday?   How does your son act towards the 10 year old?  
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
I am a bit confused.  

In one post you state your soon to be husband has a 2 year old and in this post you state you have a 2 year old?
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
So sorry dear.......I got your post mixed up with another, so forget the last question.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Step Parenting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...