the x
My partner has a 5 year old son to his x, he lives with us full time due to her drug problem.  She doesn't want to pay for supervised visits so my partner takes him to see her and stays for the hour they get together.  I believe that this is good for him to have them together and see them getting along.  Only problem is, partner and i don't actually get along with her at all.  All communication is done over text message, that is how the location and time of the visit is arranged.  x is always complaining that we are unfair (wanting to meet them at the park by her house, never by ours or half way), she calls us names and is always going on about how i steal her place as mother.  He knows i am his stepmum.  he loves us both.  how can i get her to calm down, stop blaming me for her problems and accept that i am a part of his life? (have been since he was one year), i am so tired of her texts to me and partner.
Your fighting two battles! One with a Mother who lost her kid and the other with a drug addict. Drug addicts see the world from a victims perspective. They think the world has done them wrong and owes them retribution and pitty. And, when they don't get this they lash out in anger at the easiest target. Just the way you put the kids feelings ahead of your own shows that you are a much better person and they are lucky to have you in thier lives. Don't let the anger get to ya. Your already doing more than most people would.
That is so true, she is always playing the victim, and i seem to be the easiest target to play the villian.  I do try and see it from her eyes, I have her partner and her son, so i get shes not gona love me, but some respect would be nice!  Thanks for your kind words!  At least u realise we're trying!