Step Parenting Community
the x
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to step parenting, anger, behavioral issues, chores, communication, discipline, ex- spouses, family gatherings and meetings, family decisions, frustration, fun activities, grandparents and relatives, guilt, rules, stress, and time issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

the x

My partner has a 5 year old son to his x, he lives with us full time due to her drug problem.  She doesn't want to pay for supervised visits so my partner takes him to see her and stays for the hour they get together.  I believe that this is good for him to have them together and see them getting along.  Only problem is, partner and i don't actually get along with her at all.  All communication is done over text message, that is how the location and time of the visit is arranged.  x is always complaining that we are unfair (wanting to meet them at the park by her house, never by ours or half way), she calls us names and is always going on about how i steal her place as mother.  He knows i am his stepmum.  he loves us both.  how can i get her to calm down, stop blaming me for her problems and accept that i am a part of his life? (have been since he was one year), i am so tired of her texts to me and partner.
Tags: ex girlfriend, step parenting, getting along with people, drug addiction