Stomach Cancer Community
ANYONE.... PLEASE

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

ANYONE.... PLEASE

Hi, im 34 years old male , 6'2" and 195 lbs. i have increased belching mild reoccuring RUQ discomfort and gurgling stomach (really bad in the early morning hours) for about 5 months this bothers me the most also lots of undigested vegetables in my stool (this symptom ive had for years). Ive lost about 15 lbs during this time. I was on aciphex for years because of gerd but was switched to dexilant for gastritis. Ive recently stopped taking the dexilant and am trying bentyl 4x a day but so far no changes. i am very regular with my bowel movements (once a day) so i dont see how it could be ibs. The gurgling as stupid as it sounds bothers me the most not only can i hear it but i can feel it and it gives me this generally ill feeling. these are the tests i have done so far: chest xrays (normal), ekg, cbc, liver and pancreas enzyme blood tests (all normal), upper gi series (showed some thickening of rugal folds), upper endoscopy with biopsy (mild gastritis and gerd, negative on celiac and h pylori), gallbladder ultrasound (normal), ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast (normal), colonoscopy (normal) and hida scan with cck (normal). I do have health anxietys and am currently in therapy and taking vybrid for anxiety. Im curious why i never seem to digest vegetable type matter, seeds and nuts. I guess my question could all of this just be a combination of gerd slight ibs and high levels of stress and anxiety. with all of these tests wouldnt they have seen if something serious was causing my symptoms? I worry about some type of organ cancer, but if cancer was causing symptoms wouldnt it be advanced enough if causeing symptoms some test would have seen it? Thank you
.
Hi there!

Vegetable type matter and seeds are normally non-digestible by the human digestive tract and the associated enzymes; however these may partially be broken down under the effect of normal bacteria present in the gut. With normal GI series and biopsies, there is no reason for cancer to be suspected in the situation.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
thank you doctor!