Stomach Cancer Community
Bleeding Tumor protruding duodenum wall

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Bleeding Tumor protruding duodenum wall

My father, age 87,through endoscopys and capsule studies, has been diagnosed with a tumor in the duodenum that has protruded the intestinal wall and is now bleeding. The GI doctor believes this is a fast growing precancerous tumor, and has recommended surgery, which may include resectioning the pancreas and the bile duct. I would like to avoid surgery for him. Does anyone know of specialists in the NY City area who could give a second opinion on this type of tumor, as to whether or not it will become  cancerous and fast growing and/or is there a safer way to treat this tumor?
Tags: duodenum, protruding wall, bleeding tumor
Hi there!

There is no second view regarding the treatment protocol which is standard. If it is a fast growing pancreatic tumour it is likely to be cancerous in nature or even if benign it is likely to end in complications. The only chance of survival is with a surgery which should be done as soon as possible along with anti-cancerous medications, if and as suggested.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!