Bleeding Tumor protruding duodenum wall
My father, age 87,through endoscopys and capsule studies, has been diagnosed with a tumor in the duodenum that has protruded the intestinal wall and is now bleeding. The GI doctor believes this is a fast growing precancerous tumor, and has recommended surgery, which may include resectioning the pancreas and the bile duct. I would like to avoid surgery for him. Does anyone know of specialists in the NY City area who could give a second opinion on this type of tumor, as to whether or not it will become  cancerous and fast growing and/or is there a safer way to treat this tumor?
Hi there!

There is no second view regarding the treatment protocol which is standard. If it is a fast growing pancreatic tumour it is likely to be cancerous in nature or even if benign it is likely to end in complications. The only chance of survival is with a surgery which should be done as soon as possible along with anti-cancerous medications, if and as suggested.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!