Stomach Cancer Community
Irregularities Mucosa at Greater Curvature

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

I have did a OGD test, and report showed large area of Mucosa irregularity at body along the greater curvature at Corpus and multiple biopsies has been taken for testing.

I would like to know what does this normally means. And the seriousness of this.

Also, is it cancerous?

Appreciate your advise.

Thank you.

Hi there!

Mucosal irregularity refers to a defect in the superficial layer, lining the inner side of the stomach, as is seen in chronic gastritis and ulcers. This could be benign or malignant. Ulcers may have a chance of malignant transformation and malignant/ pre-malignant lesions may present similarly. Hence a biopsy is necessary at this stage to rule out the possibility. It would be best to discuss the situation and the management plan in detail with your gastroenterologist after the biopsy results are known.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!