Stomach Cancer Community
Is this possible?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this possible?

I'm concerned that my mother has stomach cancer.

Unfortunately, I can't be by her side right now (considering how I'm all the way across the country for school) so I can only go by what she says until her CT and biopsy results are out.

She has two tumors: one that is 1.6cm on top of her liver, and one that is also 1.6cm on the bottom of her stomach.

Is that possible?

I've always thought that stomach tumors originate from inside the tumor and if it is on the outer layering of the stomach, should be much bigger.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Gastric/ stomach tumours could occur anywhere along its wall. The tumour on the liver could be a matter of concern if it is a secondary from a primary GI/ Gastric tumour, suggesting a late-stage malignancy. Another possibility is the two being separate issues, where the situation may not be as grave. At this stage the best would be to wait for the investigational reports to come out, when a diagnosis can be made and an appropriate management plan initiated.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
1972289_tn?1325881410
I'm sorry!  How is she doing?  Does she definitely have stomach cancer?  I hope she's doing well!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stomach Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank