Aa
A
A
Close
Possibility of stomach cancer?
I had diarrhea from Thursday til Saturday night, where I was going about 6 times per day, no fever, along with weight loss (I was 215 on wednesday, now I'm 207), and upper abominal/chest tightness along with bloating.  I took Imodium on Saturday night and I didn't really go yesterday at all.  My stomach would still get bloated after meals though and I didn't eat much yesterday.  Today, I got a Jamba Juice beverage to get my system going to see if I was going to have normal stool, and my stool looked like my chewed-up chicken breast from last night and what looked like mucus.  I had a CBC count, thyroid blood test (don't remember the exact name), and Metabolic panel done with normal results.  Could I have stomach cancer with a normal CBC count?  Are my symptoms really even stomach cancer symptoms?  If not, what else could this be?  I'm seeing my doctor on wednesday, but until then, I would like to figure out the possibilities.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

This looks like a regular acute GI infection. Cancer would usually present with symptoms present over a much longer time. I would suggest taking plenty of fluid with added salt and natural sugar, to prevent yourself from getting dehydrated. If the symptoms do not seem to get better in 5-7 days it is advised to see a primary care physician for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stomach Cancer Community Resources