Stomach Cancer Community
Possibility of stomach cancer?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possibility of stomach cancer?

I had diarrhea from Thursday til Saturday night, where I was going about 6 times per day, no fever, along with weight loss (I was 215 on wednesday, now I'm 207), and upper abominal/chest tightness along with bloating.  I took Imodium (immodium) on Saturday night and I didn't really go yesterday at all.  My stomach would still get bloated after meals though and I didn't eat much yesterday.  Today, I got a Jamba Juice beverage to get my system going to see if I was going to have normal stool, and my stool looked like my chewed-up chicken breast from last night and what looked like mucus.  I had a CBC count, thyroid blood test (don't remember the exact name), and Metabolic panel done with normal results.  Could I have stomach cancer with a normal CBC count?  Are my symptoms really even stomach cancer symptoms?  If not, what else could this be?  I'm seeing my doctor on wednesday, but until then, I would like to figure out the possibilities.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

This looks like a regular acute GI infection. Cancer would usually present with symptoms present over a much longer time. I would suggest taking plenty of fluid with added salt and natural sugar, to prevent yourself from getting dehydrated. If the symptoms do not seem to get better in 5-7 days it is advised to see a primary care physician for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stomach Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949