Some Kind Of Stomach Pain
I have been suffering some kind of constant stomach area pain for the past several weeks. It is right below my esophagus where it would be entering my stomach. I was having problems with swallowing a few weeks ago along with the pain. I could feel my food and beverage slowly easing down my esophagus. Even water was doing the same thing.  I started taking 20 then after a bit of time 40 mg of Prilosec (normal dose is 20 mg) and that ended  the swallowing issue but the stomach pain remained. I tried Gas X, laxative (even though I wasn't constipated),  the Prilosec (still to this day, and there was one more thing I tried that I can't remember at the moment. I have no appendix or gallbladder. I went to my doctor and he was concerned my esophagus was closing, all x-rays were normal. He wrote a prescription for 20 mg of Prilosec even though he was aware I was taking 20-40mg of the over the counter already. He had to get prior approval just to do the x-rays because I have no insurance. My doctor always gives me low cost medication when possible because of the lack of insurance but something has got to give with this. I am tired of hurting except when I am asleep.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include GI infections/ inflammations, GERD, growths/ masses, GI motility issues etc. Without a definite diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gastroenetrologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!