Aa
A
A
Close
Some Kind Of Stomach Pain
I have been suffering some kind of constant stomach area pain for the past several weeks. It is right below my esophagus where it would be entering my stomach. I was having problems with swallowing a few weeks ago along with the pain. I could feel my food and beverage slowly easing down my esophagus. Even water was doing the same thing.  I started taking 20 then after a bit of time 40 mg of Prilosec (normal dose is 20 mg) and that ended  the swallowing issue but the stomach pain remained. I tried Gas X, laxative (even though I wasn't constipated),  the Prilosec (still to this day, and there was one more thing I tried that I can't remember at the moment. I have no appendix or gallbladder. I went to my doctor and he was concerned my esophagus was closing, all x-rays were normal. He wrote a prescription for 20 mg of Prilosec even though he was aware I was taking 20-40mg of the over the counter already. He had to get prior approval just to do the x-rays because I have no insurance. My doctor always gives me low cost medication when possible because of the lack of insurance but something has got to give with this. I am tired of hurting except when I am asleep.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include GI infections/ inflammations, GERD, growths/ masses, GI motility issues etc. Without a definite diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gastroenetrologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stomach Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank