Stomach Cancer Community
could it be cancer?

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

could it be cancer?

Hi, im 33 years old i have mild, reoccuring upper right abdominal discomfort. along with increased belching, gurgling stomach and lots of undigested vegetables in my stool. I was on aciphex for years because of gerd but was switched to dexilant for gastritis. I have had the belching and gurgling for about 4 months and the upper stomach pain for almost 2 months. i am very regular with my bowel movements (once a day) so i dont see how it could be ibs. these are the tests i have done so far: chest xrays (normal), ekg, cbc, liver and pancreas enzyme blood tests (all normal), upper gi series (showed some thickening of rugal folds), upper endoscopy with biopsy (mild gastritis and gerd, negative on celiac and h pylori), gallbladder ultrasound (normal), ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast (normal), and colonoscopy (normal). I am scheduled to have a hida scan with cck this week. My question is with the tests i have had can i safely rule out any cancer of the organs in my abdomen (pancreas, stomach, liver ect). thank you
.
Hi there!

I would assume the biopsy was negative for malignancy as well, in which case a gastric cancer would be ruled out. With normal CT and enzymes, liver and pancreatic cancers would be ruled out as well.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
thank you doc!