Stomach Cancer Community
j tubing

WELCOME TO THE STOMACH CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Stomach Cancer, Prognosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

j tubing

My dad had surgery 3 weeks ago to where they were suppose to take a malignant tumor that was completely obstructing any substance from stomach to intestine. Unfortunately part of tumor is wrapped into vascular system and they couldn't do much. Dr said it was too advanced and oncologist gave him 2 months. Surgeon had to place a J-tubing to be fed. Hospice nurse allowed my dad to have a popcycle and ever since he has been having alot of phlegm coming up his troat. I have done alot of research on the web and think he shouldn't have anything on his mouth if there is an obstruction but family thinks hospice nurse is correct. Is there anyway I can get advice. I would love to see my dad happy to eat or drink normally but hate to see him have pleasure a couple of minutes and suffer multiple days for it.
I know this post is old but I am curious how your father is.  Any updates would be great.