liver mass
Hi doctor.
I am 32 years old.I have nervous stomach for almost 6 years.but  for almost 8 months I am feeling a lump under right side of my stomach. It is palpable and it fluctuating in size. sometimes I cant feel the lump when I evacuate.

becuase I have constipation sympthom  I  went to doctor 4 times  but all said its just nervous stomach and the stool stuck in my colon.

I finally  asked my doctor  to do an  abdominal ultrasound and the result is

(((((Echogenic 1.2 cm solid mass in right liver lobe. the biliary system is not dilated. This is most likely represent a benign hemangioma.
If the patient has risk factors (underlying liver disease, known primary malignancy) then further characterization with  CT is recommended. If no risk factors, then follow up ultrasound is advised in 6 month to ensure its stability.

The gallbladder, spleen , kidneys, pancreatic head and pancreatic body appear normal. the pancreatic tail is obscured by overlying bowel gas and cannot be assessed. There is no Ascites)))))

today doctor ordered blood test for hepetites and to check my liver and I did those test today.and Iam pretty sure I have no problem with my liver.I did an std test twice this year. including for hep c.

my questions are

1- How they can say the mass on my liver is benign , without doing an autopsy?(how reliable ultra sound is? )
2-DO you think should I do CT scan to make sure that is non cancerous?
3-If the mass is cancerous,what dose it mean?  The mass is  1.2 cm , and I am not sure Its big or small.

thank you doctor,I am just little worried

Best regards.

Hi there!

1. Though a biopsy is the only way to confirm a lesion as benign or malignant; the fine details provided by a CT can give precisely characterize its feature to differentiate between the two.
2. Yes, a scan is advisable since you have mentioned a self observed growth.
3. The mass is small and unlikely to be cancerous, though it is advised to get it investigated further or undergo regular-follow-up to be on the safer side.
Hope this helps.

Take care!