stomach problems
My boy friend has bouts of vomiting and not being able to keep anything down, on the average about every 6 to 8 weeks for the past year and a half or so, he went to the emergency room about a year ago, and because he has no insurance they just told him "we dont know" and sent him home, so he has been reluctant to go back, fearing they will do the same thing. I feel this is something very serious, what could cause this? and how can I get the hospital to run some tests?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of his symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include repeated GI infections/ inflammations, GI motility issues, medication side effect, growths/ masses etc. Emergency medicine aims just to stabilize the patient and is not required to do a detailed evaluation. It would be best to consult a primary care physician/ internist or a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!