Stress Community
Am I suffering from chronic stress?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Am I suffering from chronic stress?

I'm just wondering if anyone can recognise my symptoms as chronic stress.  I had a baby 9 months ago and also have a 2.5 year old so it's been a challenge to do anything really. I suffer from severe back ache almost all the time (blood tests showed nothing causing this) also very sore knees. The pain gets worse after I have had a particularly stressful day. I get a lot of headaches. And I feel extremely tired all the time. I worry about little things like going out with the kids, I feel like something will definitely go wrong and I will end up very stressed out so I feel it's better to stay in. I also feel like a very different person since having my baby, I get really angry and irritable very easily! I hate this person I've become. And I definately have a much worse memory than I used to. I had a very stressful day yesterday and cried for most of it and have now got a twitch in my eye and my back pain is extreme.

Hope someone can help
Thanks.
postpartum depression maybe? u should go see a dr or a therapist. they can give u meds that will help out
Sorry to hear you are feeling under a lot of pressure Mummy29.

Because you have a baby of 9 months and the symptoms you describe are that of the Post Natal Depression, also called the Baby Blues.

You are not alone with what you are going through, but you do need some help to relax and enjoy your young children.  If you are not breastfeeding, the doctor may prescribe some form of antidepressant or recommend counselling.  

Are you trying to do too much and have things the way they were before?  
Do you have a relative or friend that you can leave the children with for a couple of hours to give you some "Me" time.   Or someone who can come and help you physically with household chores?

There may be Mother and Toddler groups in your area that would be worth going to and talking with other mothers.

I had a really bad time with my 2nd child and unfortunately I was not able to cope, but didn't recognise that I needed any help.  

Make sure you get your sleep (difficult if they wake up during the night), a good balanced diet and drink plenty of water 2-3 litres is the recommended.

Best wishes

I went through the same thing after I had my son. Same physical pains as well. You are most likely so tense that it is causing you physical pain. I had headaches every day as well. I was diagnosed with severe post partum depression. Just be careful when you go to the doctor. They put me on so many different meds and they actually made me a little numb and indifferent which was not good. I finally went to a doctor who took me off of those meds and put me on vitamin d and vitamin b12. I felt like I came out of a haze. I lost weight, felt happier, way more energy. I also started seeing a counselor once a week and that helped immensely!  My heart goes out to you because I know how you are feeling. Please go to a good doctor or at least try the vitamins I mentioned. Take care of yourself!
Thank you so much for all your comments, it means a lot. I will get seen by a doctor soon as I know I need to start enjoying these years with my kids. And I can't be in this much pain all the time! Thanks again for all the advice given.
I have to agree with everyone ...post partum! yes please get help right away. I've had it 2x and therapy alone with vitamins made a huge difference. hope you feel better soon. it can drive you crazy.
And take years to recover if help is not sought early.