Armpit soreness due to stress?
Yetserday, I woke up and my right armpit felt sore. When you press on it, it feels as though it is bruised. I can't feel any lumps or anything & it looks identical to the other in the mirror, as well. When I grab the skin there and lightly pinch, it is sore - so I don't think it's the muscles beneath the skin. It's only really SORE when my shirt presses on it or I squeeze my arm towards my body.. And of course when I fiddle with it. The pain seems to fluctuate, sometimes I won't notice it at all and other times I'll squeeze my arm towards me and it'll be very noticeable. Could stress be causing this? The day before I noticed it, I went for a run for the first time in awhile (if that helps any) and I also used a different deoderant during the four days prior before switching back to my normal. But I've never had issues with deoderant before. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I read stress can cause armpit pain .. weird .. but I have been pretty stressed lately.
In my opinion it could be one of two things.  1st you have lymph nodes in that area (as well as many other areas) and when you get an infection they become sore to the touch.  Even if you dont feel sick, your body can still be fighting something off, in this case take lots of vitamin C and get rest.  If its the actual skin it might be a dermatitis thing (I had the worst case of this a month or two back, my armpit had been hurting and itchy and I woke up one morning and couldnt put my arm down, it was inflamed, and hurt and burned so bad I cried).  In this case I washed it with babyshampoo and didnt use any deo until it healed which took a few days for it to completely go away, and then I switched to a sensitive deo.  Good luck either way!
thank you so much! it's feeling a little better today but it's still there.. can i ask - when you had the dermatitis, was there a visible rash or no? to me, the armpit skin itself feels a bit "thicker" than the others', which makes me think it's kind of inflamed, but not enough to visibly see it.

thanks!
I have a similar issue. My left armpit and upper back in the shoulder blade are sore almost like a sun burn or rash you know the kind you get from wearing a wetsuit without rash guard. It happened the day after I did a work out the consist of a lot of pushups . It's the first time I worked out in years . I also sat on a couch in halfway house in skid row while I was working. Don't really know the real cause of this pain there is no rash or swelling just pain. Hope I can get some advice .