Stress Community
Can Stress cause paralysis of hands and feet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

I have 4 stress related episodes 1st 3 episodes 1month apart and 4th 9mths later.  I start feeling overwhelmingly hot then I pass out. When I awake, a few minutes later, my hands and feet cramp up and are paralysed, my body temp goes from shivering cold to sweating hot a few rounds.  In addition, the 3rd episode - the cramping worked up my calves and thighs to excrusiating pain.  4th episode - In addition to passing out - Only the right side of my body is paralysed.  for some 5mins.  If I lie down and bear the pain, breathe slow deep and focus on keeping calm and keeping an even temperature it passes in 10-15mins.  I am very weak afterwards.  Drinking cold liquids chills my body to the bone.  Drinking hot liquids makes me sweat.  What is happening? is it my heart, my brain? electrolyte/diet inbalance.
When I am stressed I also do not eat regularly nor much.
Stress can cause alot of strange things to happen. You say that you don't eat regularly when your stressed. It could be that your blood sugar drops and that's why your passing out. The paralysis is a mystery to me though. You really should get in to see a Dr to find out what's going on. Tell them everything you've been through. I would ask for a thyroid test, a fasting blood sugar test to start off with and if those come back alright then your Dr can go from there and do more testing.