Stress Community
Can Stress cause paralysis of hands and feet?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can Stress cause paralysis of hands and feet?

I have 4 stress related episodes 1st 3 episodes 1month apart and 4th 9mths later.  I start feeling overwhelmingly hot then I pass out. When I awake, a few minutes later, my hands and feet cramp up and are paralysed, my body temp goes from shivering cold to sweating hot a few rounds.  In addition, the 3rd episode - the cramping worked up my calves and thighs to excrusiating pain.  4th episode - In addition to passing out - Only the right side of my body is paralysed.  for some 5mins.  If I lie down and bear the pain, breathe slow deep and focus on keeping calm and keeping an even temperature it passes in 10-15mins.  I am very weak afterwards.  Drinking cold liquids chills my body to the bone.  Drinking hot liquids makes me sweat.  What is happening? is it my heart, my brain? electrolyte/diet inbalance.
When I am stressed I also do not eat regularly nor much.