Stress Community
Chest pain, left arm ache and mouth sores?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest pain, left arm ache and mouth sores?

I have been having chest discomfort for about the last two weeks and so far my doctor has been unable to make a definitive diagnosis.  The pain seems to come and go without warning.  I am mostly at varying levels of discomfort.  It feels like a burning pain usually in the center of my chest radiating through to my back and up into my throat.  Sometimes I get a sharp pain beneath my left breast and at the top of my rib cage.  The last few days my left arm has been achy, more so at night.  Sometimes the pain reaches all the way down to my hand and fingers.  I've also noticed a couple (canker?) sores in my mouth--I don't know if they are related since I occasionally get them if sick/stressed.

The orignal diagnosis was anxiety and I was given Alprazolam, which had little effect on the pain.  I had similar chest discomfort in December and had an EKG done, which came back normal.  I had another normal EKG a few days ago.  I have had blood work to check my blood count, metabolic panel, thyroid function, and glucose.  All of these came back normal.  I am a 24 year old seemingly healthy female.  Any ideas...?